The New Haven Early Childhood Council brings together community members who share a desire to improve the lives of young children and their families in New Haven.
News & Updates
- School Readiness Program Openings as of September 9, 2016
- Recently released: a new Guide to Early Care and Education Programs in New Haven
- A retrospective report is now available highlighting the work of the NHECC in 2014-2015.
- The 2015 Little Read Book Report is available for download…click here for part one of the report and click here for part two.
- From DataHaven: 2013-2014 New Haven PreK Enrollment and Accessibility Report, March 2015. Also available is a new interactive map with a variety of information, including preschool enrollment and accessibility by neighborhood: http://cdb.io/1FlyrnI
The first years of life are a time of rapid development and tremendous importance: a child’s earliest experiences can significantly alter the quality of his or her adult life. Because a child’s early experiences are shaped by the world we – as parents, caregivers, teachers, service providers, and community members – create for them, it is critical that we build a healthy, nurturing environment full of creativity and variety. If we create this environment in our community, we will put our children firmly on a path to lifelong success.
The best investment we can make as a community is in our children. We hope you will join us as we seek ways to make New Haven a truly wonderful place for young children and their families.
For more information about the Council, please download the NHECC Fact Sheet and explore our website to learn more about Our Mission & Initiatives and how you can get involved whether as a parent, educator, or community member. Also available are resources specifically For Families and For Educators. If you are interested in seeing what the Council is all about, our meetings are typically held on the first Wednesday of the month from 3-5pm. Click here for details, location, and past meeting notes.